Backyard Birdie Golf Official Scoring and Rules of Play
Now that your green is set up and ready for action, here’s a few ways to keep score and hustle your friends:
- Players decide on the number of shots per turn. Each round of turns equals one hole.
- 1 point for hitting the green, 2 points for every ball that stays on the green
- Each hole in the back row is worth 5 points
- Both holes in the middle are worth 4 points
- Front hole is worth 3 points
Player with the most points after 9 or 18 holes wins
- Players decide on the number of shots per turn.
- 2 points for each shot made on the green
- Each time a hole is made, it gets plugged
- Points double every time a hole is plugged (1-2-4-8-16-32pts)
Player with the most points after all holes are plugged wins
Modified Beirut / Pong (Always drink responsibly)
- Players decide on number of shots per turn
- Give out 1 point for hitting the green
- Give out 2 points for sinking a cup
- Give out 4 points for dunk shots (no bounce)
Continue until all cups are made. Player with the lowest points at the end of the round wins.
Feel free to cover the holes in any pattern (diamond, mini triangle, etc.) for added difficulty once you and your partner become short game sharks.
And finally, Classic Single Hole (Short Game Practice)
- Nothing fancy here. Cover all holes except for one your choosing
- Fire away until you can get up and down like ‘ol Lefty.